Santa Maria (Església de Santa Maria d’Andratx) is the parish church, located in the villige of Andratx and it is one of the most representative buildings. It was built in 1248, however, this church wasn’t constructed until between the fourteenth and fifteenth century. In the middle of the 15th century, a defense tower was built next to the church, because of pirate attacks. In the 17th century, were carried out a series of structural reforms. Finally, in the 18th century, was built a new temple. This work was not finished until the year 1800. It was constructed the bell tower and the chapel of the sang. This massive fortified parish church of Andratx situated in the old town is worth a visit.