The church of Sant Pere (Parròquia de Sant Pere) is located in the small villige of Petra. The construction works started in 13th and finished in the 18th century. The church of Sant Pere was built in gothic style, with one exception – the Chapel of the Rosary that is baroque.
The church of Sant Pere is one of the biggest churches of Mallorca. Inside the church there are many artworks and religious furniture. The altarpiece is worth of attention, has different styles from the Gothic of the 15th century to the new Gothic of the beginning of the 20th. In the Chapel of Santa Ana there are a painting which dates the end of the 18th century. The front piece is divided into five sections, with a beautiful, large rose window in the upper section. The tower was built in 1669, it is 31 meters high and the roof of the tower is shaped pyramid. The left side has seven chapels and the right one consists of six.
Hero of the town, Fray Junipero Serra, was baptized in this church on December 24th, 1713. About 36 years later, the Franciscan monk, started his missionary journey to „New Spain“ (today’s Mexico). He have founded the first nine of 21 Spanish missions in California from San Diego to San Francisco.